Read about our whistleblower policy, and get information about how to report an issue.
Fraud and corruption diverts resources from the poor. It breaches the ethics and values of YGlobal, damages the reputation for sound financial management and further damage the reputation in public and relation to donors. Corruption has come to be recognized as one of the greatest obstacles to development. The YGlobal policy on fraud and corruption is one of zero tolerance. We strive to be transparent in all our work and believe that openness is fundamental in the fight against corruption and other kinds of unethical behavior. To ensure that our policies are put into practice we urge anyone who suspects corruption or other violations of our policy to notify us. In the form below you can report any incidents, or suspicion of incidents, of corruption, bribery, other business crime, harassment of any kind or unacceptable behavior. You will always have the option of staying anonymous when reporting an incident. Nevertheless, we do encourage you to provide your name and contact information in the report, as it makes it easier for us to follow up your complaint. Your report and identity will always be treated confidentiially.
WHO CAN COMPLAIN?
- Anyone affected by our work or by projects we support has a right to complain.
- Our partners, volunteers and staff.
- Donors and other YGlobal stakeholders
WHAT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?
- Suspicion of or witness of inappropriate behavior or misconduct by a YGlobal staff or Board member, a volunteer or by someone representing one of our partners.
- Sexual, physical, verbal or psychological harassment.
- Decisions related to or implementation of YGlobal- or partner-supported programs.
- Partner program implementation (where the program is funded by YGlobal).
- Suspicion of misuse of funds/fraud.
YGLOBAL WILL NOT CONSIDER AND HANDLE COMPLAINTS THAT ARE:
- Found to be malicious accusations intended to to serve personal objectives and agendas.
- Intended to generate unnecessary bureaucracy and administration by reporting issues already discussed and decided on in line with proper procedures.
- Complaints that are already the subject of legal proceedings.
- Complaints regarding projects or activities not implemented by YGlobal or partners whom YGlobal supports.
HOW WILL A COMPLAINT TO YGLOBAL BE HANDLED?
In case of suspected fraud or corruption reported by staff, volunteers or third parties to YGlobal, a designated control committee will have the responsibility to delegate the case to the correct person(s) who will follow up on the case. The committee will include the Director, the International Programs Manager and they YGlobal Union representative. Other members from the HR or Finance-team will be added to the committee if relevant. The committee will assess the allegation(s) and consider whether to launch an investigation. Feedback on whether the incident will be investigated further will be given within two weeks of the submission of the complaint. If an investigation with appropriate parties is established, the concerned party will be taken out on forced leave during investigation. After concluding the case, the follow-up will meet the Norwegian and/or local laws in the country where the incident has taken place. There will be put extra emphasis on securing the safety of the person who has brought the concern to YGlobal.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR COMPLAINTS:
If you do not wish to use the online complaint form (below), you can contact YGlobal Director or the Chair of the YGlobal Board directly.
- Director: Fredrik Glad-Gjernes // telephone: (+47) 90 67 31 06 // e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair of the Board: Kjersti Jåvold Landmark // telephone: (+47) 98 46 73 56 // e-post: email@example.com