SRHR- og SDG-rådgiver i Etiopia YMCA
KFUK-KFUM Global leter etter en person til å jobbe for oss i 14,5 måneder i Etiopia hos vår partner YMCA Ethiopia. Utlysningen er på engelsk fordi vi samarbeider med partner om ansettelsesprosessen.
Do you want to join a project working to improve the lives of young people? Do you want to work in Ethiopia with local youth and community organisations? Are you ready to be challenged and changed? KFUK-KFUM Global (YGlobal) is looking for a young professional to join an international project with a holistic approach to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The project addresses both the sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people and their social and economic wellbeing in all aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and is part of Norec’s exchange programs.
Ethiopia YMCA is looking for an SRHR and SDG Advisor that will be based in Addis Abeba.
Work tasks include:
- Develop and perform trainings, workshops, and other activity-based sessions for both the staff in their host organisation, for volunteers and for other groups of youth, in order to raise awareness and mobilize for advocacy change.
- Assist and lead processes of developing resource materials, such as training manuals, campaign guides, monitoring and evaluation tools, fact sheets with the aim of strengthening movement building for change.
- Organise campaigns to raise awareness and increase visibility of the host organisation to increase the organisations’ role as stakeholders on the matters of life skills based SRHR and to increase knowledge among youth on the topics to inspire them to take action.
- Share best practices on SRHR and other themes relevant for youth related to the SDGs.
- Mobilize and include broader groups of young people in their host organisations as ways of further empowering youth on SRHR and the SDGs.
- Support the establishment of groups on matters of SRHR and SDGs, such as youth policy expert groups, sports teams, saving and investment groups and other clubs.
- Support in social media engagement related with the project
- Upon return to Norway, the share experiences among the staff and volunteers for a period of two months.
The following are essential requirements:
- Aged 25 – 35 years
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, health science or other relevant fields for the positions
- Professional work experience and preferably experience from volunteering in organisations
- Knowledge of SRHR and gender equality related issues and can adapt topics into other components in the SDGs using different working methods.
- Open minded and willing to adapt to new cultural contexts and to work with all people regardless of race, gender, ethnics, religion and country.
- Flexible and ready to perform different tasks and travel into different areas
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, and willing to learn
- Work well in a team
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Must have long term residency in Norway
- Be willing to comply with local covid-19 measures present in country of work (vaccine certificate, quarantine rules, etc)
Start date 15 August 2022. The position duration is 14,5 months, until 31.10.2023: 12 months in the host country and two months with YGlobal after coming home . Participation in weeklong preparatory and homecoming courses by Norec is mandatory. Participants receive a salary in accordance with Norec’s regulations. In addition, housing, travel and insurance costs are covered by the programme.
Application deadline 23 March. Send CV and cover letter both to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com. Please indicate which position(s) you apply for. Please submit the documents in English, as the partner organizations will take part in the recruitment process.
The exchange partnership consists of the following partners:
- YGlobal (KFUK-KFUM Global) is a development and solidarity organization, working for peace and justice with a particular emphasis on young people. We partner with YMCAs and YWCAs in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Stiftelsen Amathea is a national health organization providing information and counselling to women within pregnancy, abortion, women health and contraception.
- YMCA Ethiopia is a youth focused development organization with the vision of empowering young people for the renaissance of Africa and that works in following thematic areas: Meaningful Youth Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Health and Fitness and Community service and engagement.
- YPM Tanzania is a youth-oriented organization that provides space for interreligious, intergenerational, international, interracial platform. The vision is to be a lead organization that values for Peace and Justice for all. YPM focuses on providing knowledge, skills and empowerment to youth, women and the community on issues of economic justice, climate justice and democratic citizenship.
- YWCA Kenya is a community organization whose mission is to empower girls and young women to attain holistic growth through skills development, provision of safe spaces and advocacy.