Professional Exchange on SRHR in Kenya
Do you want to work in Kenya on a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights project?
Do you want to work with community organizations in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Kenya?
KFUK-KFUM Global is recruiting a professional aged 25 – 35 years to work in Kenya on a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) project funded by FK Norway (Fredskorpset). The project, which is entering its third year, focuses on the link between SRHR and the eradication of poverty through the social and economic empowerment of young people and women. KFUK-KFUM Global is the sending organization, while Kenya YWCA is the hosting organization.
KFUK-KFUM Global is a development and solidarity organization, whose target group is children and young people. We are owned by the Norwegian YWCA-YMCA and the Norwegian YWCA-YMCA Scouts and work in partnership with our sister organizations in the World Alliance of YMCAs and World YWCA. KFUK-KFUM Global has long experience with exchange of volunteers and personnel.
The Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya (YWCA of Kenya) is an NGO whose mission is to empower girls and young women to attain holistic growth through skills development, provision of safe spaces and advocacy.
KFUK-KFUM Global is recruiting for the position of:
• training young people and women on SRHR
• running Training of Trainers on SRHR
• engaging in advocacy work on the rights of girls and women
• arranging events for young people which use the arts, music and sports as a way to create a forum for discussion on SRHR
• networking with partners and donors to strengthen SRHR alliances
• office tasks
The following are essential requirements for the position:
• Norwegian citizen or someone who has permanent residency in Norway
• Aged 25 – 35 years
• Respect for other cultures and ways of working, and preferably experience of working in a multi cultural environment
• Commitment to hard work and working for justice
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Very good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Work well in a team
• Bachelor in social sciences
• Professional work experience
Start date: mid October 2016
Participants receive allowance in accordance with FK-exchange regulations. Housing, travel, insurance and necessary departure/start-up costs is covered by the program. For more information about KFUK-KFUM Global please see our webpage: www.kmglobal.no.
For more information about these positions please contact Luana Popoiu on firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline September 16th. Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.