Job opportunity in Ethiopia
Do you want to join a project working to improve the lives of young people? Do you want to work in Ethiopia with local youth and community in YMCA? Are you ready to be challenged and changed?
This years exchange participants!
KFUK-KFUM Global (YGlobal) and Stiftelsen Amathea are looking for a professional to join an international project with a holistic approach to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The project addresses both the sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people and their social and economic wellbeing in all aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and is part of Norec’s exchange programs. You will be part of a program with exchange participants traveling between Norway, Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia. The following position is available:
SRHR and SDG Advisor with Ethiopia YMCA, based in Addis Abeba.
- Develop and perform trainings, workshops, and other activity-based sessions for both the staff in their host organisation, for volunteers and for other groups of youth, in order to raise awareness and mobilize for advocacy change.
- Assist and lead processes of developing resource materials, such as training manuals, campaign guides, monitoring and evaluation tools, fact sheets with the aim of strengthening movement building for change.
- Organise campaigns to raise awareness and increase visibility of the host organisation to increase the organisations’ role as stakeholders on the matters of life skills based SRHR and to increase knowledge among youth on the topics to inspire them to take action.
- Share best practices on SRHR and other themes relevant for youth related to the SDGs.
- Mobilize and include broader groups of young people in their host organisations as ways of further empowering youth on SRHR and the SDGs.
- Support the establishment of groups on matters of SRHR and SDGs, such as youth policy expert groups, sports teams, saving and investment groups and other clubs.
- Upon return to Norway, the share experiences among the staff and volunteers for a period of two months.
- Support in social media engagement related with the project.
The following are essential requirements for all positions:
- Aged 25 – 35 years.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with Health or Project management educational background.
- Professional work experience and preferably experience from volunteering in organisations.
- Knowledge of SRHR and gender equality related issues and can adapt topics into other components in the SDGs using different working methods.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Open minded and willing to adapt to new cultural contexts and to work with all people regardless of race, gender, ethnics, religion and country.
- Good facilitation and coordination skills.
- Good IT and Social media engagement and participation skills.
- Good Communication and partnership skills.
- Team player and collaboration.
- Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have long term residency in Norway.
Start date 15 August 2023. Contract is for 12,5 months, until 31.8.2024: includes a short preparation, 10 months in the host country and two months in YGlobal after coming home. Participation in weeklong preparatory and homecoming courses by Norec is mandatory (most likely in Nairobi).
Participants receive a salary in accordance with Norec’s regulations. In addition, housing, travel and insurance costs are covered by the programme. Contract depends on funding from Norec.
Application deadline 12 March. Send CV and cover letter both to email@example.com. Please submit the documents in English, as the partner organizations will take part in the recruitment process.
KFUK-KFUM Global is a development and solidarity organization, working for peace and justice with a particular emphasis on young people. We partner with YMCAs and YWCAs in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Stiftelsen Amathea is a national health organization providing information and counselling to women within pregnancy, abortion, women health and contraception.
YMCA Ethiopia is a youth focused development organization with the vision of empowering young people for the renaissance of Africa and that works in following thematic areas: Meaningful Youth Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Health and Fitness and Community service and engagement.
Follow our exchange participants on Instagram! @srhrexchange