Job opportunities in Kenya
«Året i Kisumu har vært utrolig spennende og lærerikt, og jeg har lært minst like mye av de jeg har fått undervise som de har lært av meg», Hanne Veel, SRHR Advisor.
Do you want to join a project working to improve access to information and services on sexual and reproductive health and rights? Do you want to work in Kenya, with Kenyan youth and community organisations? Are you ready to be challenged and changed?
«Jeg gleder meg til å ta med meg denne erfaringen videre, både i jobbsammenheng og utenom – det har uten tvil vært en opplevelse for livet!»
KFUK-KFUM Global is looking for 2 professionals to join an international project with a holistic approach to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The project, entering its fourth year, addresses both the sexual and reproductive health of young people and their social and economic well being.
SRHR Advisor with Kenya YWCA, based in Kisumu. Tasks include:
• outreach to young people who need SRHR information /training / advice
• run trainings / discussions with groups of young people and with leaders
• refer young people to appropriate SRHR service providers
• run campaigns to promote take up of SRHR services
• identify groups of young women who want to set up Savings and Investment Groups and arrange training for them
• network with partners and donors to strengthen
SRHR alliances Communications Advisor with Africa Alliance of YMCAs, at their regional office in Nairobi. Tasks include:
• plan and implement on-line SRHR campaigns
• network with partners and donors to strengthen SRHR alliances
• develop resource materials on SRHR and other youth social and economic issues
• offer advice and training to Kenya YMCA staff / volunteers wanting to develop SRHR awareness raising / services in their branches
• share best practices on SRHR
The following are essential requirements for both positions:
• Norwegian citizen or someone who has permanent residency in Norway
• Aged 25 – 35 years
• Respect for other cultures and ways of working, and preferably experience of working in a multi cultural environment
• Commitment to hard work and working for justice
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Very good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Work well in a team
• Bachelor in social sciences
• Professional work experience
Additional skills for Communications Advisor:
• Conceptual and analytical abilities
• Ability to build and sustain effective working partnerships with various internal and external contacts
•Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently
Both positions are for 12 months, start date 8 January 2018. Participants receive a salary in accordance with FK regulations. In addition, housing, travel and insurance are covered by the programs.
Application deadline 31 October. Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
KFUK-KFUM Global is a development and solidarity organization, working for peace and justice with a particular emphasis on young people. We partner with YMCAs and YWCAs in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. KFUK-KFUM Global has more than 15 years experience of running exchange programs.
The Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya (YWCA of Kenya) is a community organization whose mission is to empower girls and young women to attain holistic growth through skills development, provision of safe spaces and advocacy.
The Africa Alliance of YMCAs represents the oldest and largest pan-African NGO network on the continent. It is an alliance of YMCAs in 17 countries in Africa, with a focus on youth development. Key areas are health, education, employment and youth participation. The Africa Alliance supports its members through training, sharing of good practice, research, fundraising and networking.
Are you below 25 years, but think this sounds interesting?
Good news, we also have an youth exchange program. Read more about that here