Global week webinar series 2020
Er du interessert i globale spørsmål og vil lære mer om hvilken rolle du kan spille i arbeidet for en mer rettferdig verden? Vil du møte ungdom fra hele verden og diskutere viktige temaer som fred, fattigdom og urettferdighet sammen med dem? Da er Global Week midt i blinken for deg!
Global Week Web Series
For the past decade, YGlobal has gathered around 50 young people in Norway for a week of discussions, learning, and sharing experiences. This year, challenged by COVID-19, we have decided to prove our digital skills by organizing an online Global Week webinar series. The participation is open to youth aged 18-30 years old, and to youth workers that can also be the staff of YMCA/YWCA branches. We aim to connect youth from different parts of the world to get a better understanding of how the world works and how we can work together for global justice and peace.
Together building global justice and peace
The theme of Global Week 2020 is enabling youth in building global justice and peace. Our work is based on the Peacemaker movement, that has been spreading throughout Europe with the help of Erasmus+ Global Week projects. As the year 2020 has experienced a major global health pandemic, the Global Week 2020 will take place virtually with a 3-day webinar’s series on Zoom from 17th-19th November. These sessions will be facilitated by our volunteers and different partners as we learn different things in different regions. The Global Week 2020 program will focus on 3 thematic areas spread across the 3 days on peacebuilding, climate justice, and gender equality. The year 2020 Global Week will bring us closer together as we look forward to a physical Global week 2021 full of engagement in Norway.
17th of november:
- 14.00: Intro to Global Week web series
- 15.00: Development and youth work in the age of COVID-19
- 16:00: Climate Justice: where are we and where are we going
18th of november:
- 14.00: Regional perspective on radicalization and counter violence extremism (Facilitator: Roselyne Nelima Pepela, YWCA Kenya)
- 15.00: Safe spaces, sensitivity and inclusion by different partners (Facilitator: Anastasia Tsygankova, YMCA Russia)
- 16.00: Fair trade and modern slavery as a global injustice (Facilitator: Heidi Furustøl, Ethical Trade Norway)
19th of november:
- 14.00: Gender perspective on economic empowerment (Facilitator: Beatrice Ahere, YGlobal Uganda)
- 15.00: Covid-19 impact on gender-based violence (Facilitator: Amal Taraz, YWCA Palestine)
- 16.00: Gender Justice & SDG5 - 16 days of activism (Facilitator: Anab Ovidie, YGlobal)
- 16.45: Reaching the SDGs - how far have we come and the way forward (Fredrik Glad-Gjernes, YGlobal)
Download the full program here: Global Week 2020 Program
WHERE: ZOOM (link will be shared after you sign up).
WHEN: 17th - 19th of november, 14.00 - 17.00 CET (Oslo time)