Peace Makers Global Week
Peacemaker is a global movement built up by young people of many groups from different countries, cultures and regions who
fight for global justice and peace.
Peacemakers fight global
injustices and policies
that are unfavorable and unjust.
Building global justice and peace is the core theme of YGlobal. With a network of partners both in Europe, Africa, and Asia,
we create awareness and empower young people to take the lead in the work for a more just world.
The Peacemaker movement has been spreading throughout Europe with the help of Erasmus+ Global Week.
We believe that everyone can change the world if exposed to the right tools, and that is why Global Week exists.
Global Week is a summer event of around 55 young people in Norway for 1 week of discussions, learning, action, and exciting meetings. With participants from 10 countries, Global Week is a place to get a feeling of how small the world is. At Global Week 2022, we will talk about what we can do to make the world a better place for everyone. We will learn how to develop campaigns, how to get young people involved and how to use different tools and social media to create a more just world. By using the skills and knowledge that our alumni's and new Peacemakers have gained over the years in other previous Global Week gatherings, alumni's and other participants will build their own local communities. Peacemakers' local activities and virtual conferences will ensure that we maximize the resources and skills gained.The past two years (2020 and 2021) has been challenging for everyone, with Covid-19 pandemic continuing to rage in many of our partner countries and limiting conditions for doing physical events. For 2022 we hope that as many of our collaborating countries will be able to send Peacemaker delegates to visit Oslo in July.
Vil du bli med på Global Week 2022?
Er du mellom 18-30 år, har du mulighet til å bli med på Global Week 2022. Norge har 10 plasser under Global Week, så her er det bare å melde sin interesse så fort som mulig! Leiren er gratis å delta på.
Det vil bli holdt workshops om politisk påvirkningsarbeid, Free Palestine, ungdom, fred og sikkerhet, Handelsspillet, kjønnsrettferdighet, kampanjelaging, transformativ maskulinitet, klimaendringer med mer. Dette er en super arena om man er nysgjerrig på å lære hvordan man arbeider med disse tematikkene på verdensbasis, og man trenger ikke å ha noe forkunnskap på temaene fra før.
Ta kontakt med frivilligkoordinator Marte Mørk på email@example.com dersom du har noen spørsmål!
Påmeldingsfrist for norske deltakere: 20. mai 2022.
Følg med på våre Facebook-sider og hør med KFUK-KFUM i ditt nærområde. I sommer arrangeres flere leirer og aktiviteter med Globalløp og Global challenge.
What to expect at Global Week 2022
The main objectives of Peacemakers' Global Week program are:
1. To equip young people with advocacy tools for engaging in policy reformation at community, regional, national, and international levels, to ensure that youths are a part of the decision-making processes.
2. To equip young leaders to build alliances and structured dialogues (both between each other and between their organizations) across geographical, cultural, and religious boundaries, to coordinate their campaigns for a greater impact.
3. To teach youth workers various skills, methods, and techniques for them to easily achieve their objectives in the field of youth work.
4. To facilitate an exchange of experience between the attending youth workers and organizations, highlighting the different scenarios and obstacles that might be encountered in the field of youth work throughout Europe and the world.
5. To give the participants the chance to talk about international policies and the SDGs and analyze how civil society can work to achieve the desired policy change.
6. To build, maintain and further strengthen the relationships between the European organizations. Through this mobility YGlobal wants to make sure that the youth workers attending will be able to reach their full potential. They might have the motivation, but they may not have the knowledge and tools to follow through on their goals.Virtual networking: